At the beginning of every year, we ask ourselves these 6 questions regarding our current primary properties.
- Is my current neighborhood/community where I want to be?
- Is this home serving our current needs?
- Will this home serve our needs in the coming 3 years?
- Have our living expectations changed?
- If I were to make edits to this home, they would be...
- If we were not here, where would we be?
We believe the right home allows its owners to thrive and put their best into other areas of their life. Recently we spoke with a seller in Monte Sereno. They loved their neighborhood but wanted to update their house. It started with a kitchen and living room renovation and quickly turned into a converting their 1,500 sqft home to a 2,500 sqft new construction. The conservative estimate was close to $3m when one factored in demolition, landscaping, re-furnishing, and off-site living expenses. The right answer was to sell their property and purchase a move-in property within their neighborhood that met their wish list.
Whether you or someone you know is considering a light update, a full rebuild, moving up, or simplifying this year let us be your advisors. We've worked through many scenarios and can offer perspectives that one typically does not consider. Schedule a zero-obligation chat today.